Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ta Da!

Well, so far my timid efforts at exposing myself naked to the blogworld (vocally that is) have not brought total disaster....yet.  Several people have said "Ha, ha, ha" but I, in my naivette, have taken that to be a sign of glee or  pleasure and not derision.  And when I say "naked" I want you to know that it is not an easy thing to stand up here and sing, A Cappella yet, for an unknown, or perhaps I should say an unseen audience.  For a shy and retiring flower such as myself, learning how to accomplish this massive feat of making a fool of myself in public it takes the summoning up of courage beyond measure.......or just foolishness, I don't know which.

Anyway, dear hearts.........due to your insisting and the fact that I had to devote several weeks of my life to figuring out the "how" of this I intend to try to entertain you in one way or another whether you like it or not.
Whether you are laughing at me or with me, it's OK.  As long as you are amused.  Knowing me, as you should  by now, you surely know that I never waste anything.......well, I am not sure about the 4 years I spent in college........I cannot quantify what I got out of that besides  learning new ways to suffer.......not so with the course I just finished in VideoBlog 101......that is paying off bigtime. 

In my last blog I gave you a smattering of what I had to offer........today I resolved to try to produce a full length song so I fetched a chair out by the pool, deposited myself in it and geared up to try shooting a bit of my garden while I warbled away......as usual, Gussie appeared briefly to see what I was up to and as soon as she heard me trying to sing she couldn't escape fast enough.  However, I did catch her for a few moments...out of focus and a bit catywampus......much like my singing.  Upon playback I noticed, sadly, that I succeeded in holding the camera at a weird angle here and there and also managed to hit a few notes that seem to  belong in some other song altogether, but perfection is not within my grasp so I must  be satisfied with small gains.......perhaps I will improve with practice and, egad, I just remembered that there is still one more singing lesson in the package that I have not yet worked on, so, hell and damn, I might yet find Doris Day buried in there somewhere in the vicinity of my larynx.  I am totally ready to be surprised.

As for you out there......I hope you are ready for whatever.  Remember........it's all your fault. Sigh.  I must be out of my friggin' mind.


 



33 comments:

  1. And there I was thinking I was a long-in-the-tooth blogger at 54!

    Great voice! Could have sworn Gertrude Lawrence was in the room with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is your beautiful garden and your lovely pool and your sweet cat and you, your voice! Right there for us to hear! Lo. You charm me and you make me smile. I salute your bravery, your ability to learn new things and your choice of songs. I salute YOU!
    I think I'm going to start singing. You are, as always, an inspiration. And now, when I want to put something up on Youtube, I know who to ask for help.
    Love...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also congratulate you for your courage in doing this (not just posting it but even taking lessons). It's for sure that I never could. And I've always admired people who could sing... maybe I will be able to do it 'in another life'... definitely can't do it in this one. Liked the song you chose also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Lo, you certainly have not made a fool of yourself. I have had the speakers turned up, and guess what, Tom (husband) downstairs is at this very moment whistling your song.
    I only hope I have the same get up and go that you have when I reach my 80's, you are wonderful.
    I have been waiting for this post and I am so glad you went ahead and did it, it will stay with me all day and make me smile (in the very best way)
    You definately improved as you went along gaining confidence on the way.
    Lets have more please.
    Loads of Hugs and kisses to you
    Briony
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your voice is lovely and you are an amazing inspiration in so many ways. Sweet Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I listened sitting with my grandchildren, Cole the 4yo came over and also listened. He started dancing and smiling.

    4 yo's never lie...well they do but you can tell...he was not lying.

    Love it!!!Encore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave me my smile for the morning, thank you! (A good, happy smile, not a mocking one, i assure you.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face ~ YAY, Lo!!!

    You have a lovely voice, m'dear ~ not a 'ting to be ashamed of!

    Love you; big hugs coming your way ~

    b

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lordy! I miss a month of your postings and you go American Idol on me! Lovely pool -- all nice and sparkly -- makes me feel guilty that mine's still in winter clothes! Keep it up, Lo. Love the new you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great song, great gardens and wonderful cat. Having just been to a skin doctor I was concerned about the exposing myself naked part and do we all have to do that. That was a first for me but they kept the room warm. I think bloggers are braver and more transparent in feelings and actions than the lot that won't venture on to a site. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    Also visit my web blog and this website

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lo, you made my day!!! Loved hearing the song, and seeing your cat and garden. Now I'm inspired! Look for us soon, well me, Daisy hasn't said anything verbally since she came. Besides she is busy getting ready for a new job at the Vatican. We simply await the call!

    Barbara and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gussie is sooooooo beautiful and so are your gardens and your pool and your singing is great fun... you just kill me.! You're how old? man

    By crackey I think I'll make me a Tube ... downright inspiring...

    love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo! You're a lot braver than I am, for sure. Now, you need a Karaoke machine. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, that was a lot more fun than watching the pouring rain outside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you did it. Now will you add a face to that? you did work on video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love to you and your sweet voice. visiting from cranky old man's spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cranky Old Man sent me over -- and I'm so glad he did! What a Star you are. So I've signed up and am looking forward to much more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How I wish I had the courage and talent you possess. Such a sweet post, this is. Thank you for that. And thanks to Cranky Old Man for sending me here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh oh oh OH! Darlin'. What a languid little liquid lullaby you made for us! And one of my all time favorite songs too, one of my three belt-it-out-in-the-shower songs (the other two are Dream A Little Dream Of Me and All Of Me--can we hear those next?) And then to stick a cherry on top I looked up your husband and played some of his work and we danced to it. Boy howdy this was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Found you via Murr and so please I clicked the link. Your writing is delightful and I loved the song. One of my favourites too. I'll spend some time reading back through your blog, I know I'll enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm here via Murr Brewster and I will be back. You have a gorgeous voice! I'll have to read your older blog posts now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE LOVE LOVE you and this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE LOVE LOVE you and this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you every wonderful one of you who have been so kind and supportive and given such great reviews. I am truly amazed and almost
    speechless.

    If you really meant your praises, I promise I will sing for you again. If you are fibbing, it'll serve you right when I do.

    I have had to remove a long comment, seemingly in German, the only two words of which I could understand were "wow" and "fuhrer". Though it may have been an innocent rave, I can't be sure.......it might have been something indecent....like an indecent proposition or an invitation to join the Nazi Party. Sorry I am too old to party and I am much too old for indecent propositions.

    (If any of you can translate German let me know.)

    ReplyDelete
  27. G'day Lo. I have just managed to view this fabulous video. I applaud you Lo. Well done. Love the voice, the pool, the garden, the cat. Just fabulous. Go girl. More power to you. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm fluent in German - if you still have that long comment in German, I'd be happy to translate it for you. Feel free to email it to me (my email address is in my blogger profile).

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are an inspiration. Love the singing, loved the results of your month long video blogging lessons, love your yard. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i preferred the information on this internet site. Wish to stop by once more.

    Quebec French Translation & Translators From English to French

    ReplyDelete