Sunday, July 27, 2014

Murder, Mayhem on One Front and Some Progress Otherwise on Upper Califa Street

Just a few lines for now......... I wanted to  reassure you that I am doing mostly OK though a bit shaken by the cruelties of Nature.  The bad news is that damned horny, murderer, Frankie Finch has done awqy with his spouse, Doris,  just like he did way with the other female, Judy, a few months ago.  I was aghast when I discovered the crime and fuiousw at the murderous little beast.  I immediately had Florence take the cage with the culprit in it ad all the bird supplies down to the bird store and gave them to the owner with a warning about Frankie's felonious habits. He said he would put him in a cage wit a lot of other males and all would be well.  Humph.  Even though the info on finches told me that doe happen I did ot think it would happen under MY roof.  Sigh.  So, thus ends the adventure with the Fabulous Finches.  Actually, I hd been considering giving them away because I could no longer see them, but this really galvanized me into action and, actually it was probably meant to be because now the sun room which used to be Finch Acres is occupied by rescued kitty, Tootsie who desperately needed a place to stay out of that cramped carrier inside the cage where she had been eating up a frenzy but getting no exercize for four whole weeks.  I had followed the instructions of the Recuers but then had to deviate and follow my own instincts/  So, with great effort we moved the cage containing carrier and cat into the sunporch, opened up the cage door and let things happen.  At least she finally cae out
and stretched her legs.


Lest this confirm your ideas that I am totally bonkers I must tell you the kitty project has been very good for me........gives me something to be interrested in and also a challenge which I am not so sure I really want, but hell......it IS something to get me out of the chair or the bed.

It has been a bit of a circus.......I have really made great progress with little Tootsie........After I grilled up some chicken livers and tempted her out from under the wicker couch  and all thhe sundry cat furniture I actually got a look at her abd amazingly got her to nibble a piece from my hand!  She is still a bit wary of me but she is eating up a storm and using the kitty box like a good girl.  I hyave discovered the funniest thing.....she seems to likeit when I sing to her just like thye finches did.  She closes er lovely green eyes and seems hypnotied.  The birds used to reactt the same way when I sang to them. Hmmmmm I guess my voice has some strange hypnotic quality......just call me the cat whisperer.  Fine with me.....I love an appreciative audience.
And so it goes on Upper Califq St.  A bit of melodrma and a bit of heartwarming soap opera.


I am not proofing this  so good luck....hope you can make out what I meant to write.  Sorry it has been so long between blogs, but some days just getting out of bed is all I can manage.  I will try to do better.....I know.....promises, promises........butm hell, just wait till you get to be 87......you probqbly won't remember how to spell Shitpisfuck!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Lois! I am so sorry your finch was a murdering bastard. We tend to think of animals as being better than humans on some strange level but we are all just animals, aren't we?
    I have adopted a cat too. Or rather, she adopted me. She has become the light of my life. I am grateful for her. And for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lady finch, Carrie Nation, did in two husbands, so perhaps the scales are balanced in finch land.
    My current kitty was feral, I nabbed him at four weeks. An indoor cat, but not like a "real" house cat. Nevertheless, I love him. Good for you, another project accomplished, another life made better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, old girl. I enjoy reading you observations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to "hear" from you again Lo. The post was easy for me to read. So sorry about your villian of a finch. Maybe Tootsie would have set him straight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of birds killing each other, only robins, but its good to see a post from you.
    I do so admire you to still be blogging at 87, I can only hope that I follow in your footsteps.
    It looks like you're going to make good friends with your new cat.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sad that some male creatures behave that way. It's also sad some females do, too. (Spiders, for instance, that eat daddy as soon as he's done becoming daddy.)

    It's a beautiful thing you are doing with the rescue cat. She may never get over being shy, but she can probably learn to get along in a house with someone quiet and gentle who will love and not startle her or try to force interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had finches for many years but they seemed to diminish a few at a time. I have one last nervous male that likes to pull his own feathers out around his neck. He seems healthy for now but don't really want to start up with them again. I am too cheap to buy a new female for the cage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sad news about the finch.
    Good news about Tootsie.

    So good to hear from you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long time ago, I had five "Society Finches." They all died at the same time, as if on queue. Broke my heart. Cats (and, may I say, dogs) make better pets anyway. Onward, by all means. Ditto: So good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. Good to see you back though.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lo
    I am right behind you and I MEAN right behind. Left behind, who cares. Pets are OK but I don't need anything that doesn't carry it's own weight, anymore. The dog and the cat demand, demand but the new 5 chickens will give me eggs every morning... Yay. I want more chickens. I hope your eyes are holding their own. My love to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wanna Buy A Duck has recommended your blog so thought I'd swing by!

    Love your powers of observation, Lo. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad your cat gets out to stretch now. I bet he doesn't miss the birds for various reasons, ahhaha Visiting today from Wanna Buy a Duck! Manzanita is over there talking about your humor, so I came by to read and say hello. Def. great stuff. I'm your latest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Lo, I'm a follower of Manzanita's blog and today she posted about your and your indomitable spirit. She provided a link, so here I am reading you and chuckling and enjoying your bird and cat adventures.

    I'm a cat lover. I live with three and back in 1989, the feline love of my life--Dulcy--died and gave me a book about our relationship. Crown published it in 1992 and so her sweetness continues to touch lives.

    And your feistiness has touched my life. I'll be back to read your next posting. Take care. From Dee, a 78-year-old who's loving your words! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read your blog often. Love it. Missing you. Hoping all is well.
    Neame

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lo, I have been amiss in keeping up with my blog reading, but have wondered how your finches were doing. Now I know. We raised finches in the past... went from 2 to 42 in quite a short amount of time. Mine never killed each other, but began practicing their own form of birth control.... would throw the newborns out of the nest. I would try to return them, but it was no use. In some ways, I couldn't blame them.... but it made me sad. So I too quit raising them.

    ReplyDelete