Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Newsflash to PETA,,,,,,,,Angels Sometimes Wear Fur

Just a few lines to update you on the situation with me and Precious. Incredible, Adorable Paulie KlibanCat.   It must be very few lines because I just do not have any spare time away from head petting, tummy rubbing, chin scratching and murmuring sweet nothings into those dear little ears......I mean, I have  big time commitments here and everything else is lower priority.  

It could be said that I am in love.  (sorry Joeh.....you will just have to share me)

Ya' know, I have had cats.   I have had cats up the giggy for most of my life, and like lovers or husbands, no two are alike and some are, well, just better than others.  Not saying that I have not loved them all and done my best for each and every one of my darlings, but, face it, I would be lying if I said I did not find certain of them special.  This Paulie cat is beyond special.  In 7 days she has mended the hole, nay chasm,  in my heart and filled it up with milk and honey to overflowing.  

I will tell you more next time about what I know of her life before we found each other.   Call it kismet or karma or serendipity or whatever, but it certainly wasn't chance. I consider it one of my miracles that we have found each other.   Grateful?  For sure, but what a puny word that is.


I promise some photos soon.  Hell, I may even post a video of me singing to her.   I have been tuning up the voice and practicing one of my old favorites....."Just In Time"......    

5 comments:

  1. Oh, woman. You give me hope for my one-of-these-days new friend (or two). When my daughter's old cat has breathed her last - and with her cancer we can only imagine it might not be long - then we are going to venture forth to begin anew. And we will be inspired by you. So glad you are in love and it is requited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been neurotically checking for an update and I thank you for stepping away from your Cat commitments for a brief moment in order to update us. I'm allergic to cats and have not had one for 25 years, but I am an insanely attached dog owner and he improves my life in such a way that I think I understand what you are feeling. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank goodness. I still have a heartstring twanging from since my Larry jumped off of it. Little round head, little pointy ears. Head nuzzles all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. One of my cats (soft little Treacle)is curled up on my lap now and she is an absolute delight to me. She makes every day such a joy and the bond we have is very special.

    I've had cats for years and each one is indeed very different, so I'm so glad that you two are both all loved up with each other at the moment.

    A photo would be lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed they do! Which must be why my wife insists we share our bed with one... seriously.

    ReplyDelete