Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Oy Vey or Hooray,,,,,It All Depends

It all depends. on how you look at it. 

I am checking in with  a very petite, mni-blog just so's you'll know I am still here ranting, raving, griping and complaining and occasionally laughing out loud at how odd life is.

I saw (in a manner of speaking) my Retinologist the other day and was told that my vision, tho losing some ground, is holding up fairly well considering......considering 3what I am not sure.  After all these years of many visits per year he and I have a nice relationship and ofteb discuss deep subjects while he is peering into the deepths of my eyeballs and blinding me even more with some wretched ultra brigh light which turns the whole world magenta afterward.  In my usual brashm arrogant fashion I said to him, " Dammit, why in the hell aren't you guys working on a stem cell injection you can poke into my eyeball to restore the retina?" and he looked at me with a combination of surprise and delight and said, "We are working on that very thing."  Humph, I grumbled.....you had better hurry.......it'll probably be too late for me."  Whereupon he said, "Not at all......we may have something viable by  your next appointment."  (6 months)  At which moment I knocked him to the floor, smotheefred him with kisses and refused to let him up until he promised to put me t the top of the list for testing. 

Of course, that means that once more I face the situation of having to submit monthly or so to a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but I will gladly endure that process (it really sounds much worse than it feels)  if it will give me back a smidgeon of sight.

Well, that is the news from upper Califa St.  Incidentally this ws writtenb without benefit of Dragon so all of the typos and errors are my own.  Sadly, you are being deprived of Dragon's inimiable humor and I have none of my own to offer today.  Don't despair.....maybe next time.

Love, Lo


13 comments:

  1. Very good for being dragonless. That stem cell thing would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was fine and may this stem cell treatment be a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That would be so cool on the stem-cell thing! And 6 months is nothing! I'll be keeping all my digits crossed for you.

    Dragon or no ~ it is always great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that injection--it sounds fantastic!! (I have to admit I miss the Dragon.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The possibility of the stem cell thing is very exciting. I know you'll keep us posted and I look forward to it. Without using Dragon this post is pretty damn nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking at this as hooray for stem cells.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful post and even better news, Lo. Yay for science!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm losing ground with my eyesight, too. I have to get the injections every couple of months. I will be sure to ask my doc about the stem cell potential.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was delighted to see you pop up on my blog roll today Lo. That is good news about your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could the doctor refuse to put you on the top of the list after such an enthusiastic response! I hope the stem cell opportunity does happen, Lo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.esighteyewear.com
    Lois, I hope someone can help you investigate esight eyewear. This is fascinating. I plan to take my mother in law to try them when they come to LA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that is great news LO, I am certain he enjoyed your kisses:)

    ReplyDelete