Sunday, January 20, 2013

Grieving

Horrors!  I am totally devastated...........I just lost a draft containing not one but the content for two entire blogs in the blink of an eye and I don't know what I did to cause it to disappear.  I doubt if I can ever recreate what I had written because it was done with particular  passion and fire and was beautiful and somewhat profound if I say so myself.  Sob.

I cannot help but laugh bitterly....I guess my title says it all.  It was a rant on my own private and perhaps peculiar attitude about the way we handle and react to death and the dying process and loss in general.   I think that maybe I have learned something new here  I'll have to think about this a bit.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows of any way to retrieve a lost blog, please, let me know.
   

 


15 comments:

  1. I hope you find it...I was looking forward to reading it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it when ever I write crap the computer never loses it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Lo, I do hope someone can help you retrieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *moan of despair* So, so sorry....have been there myself. Now I tend to actually write in word (which auto saves) and copy/paste into blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance it's been saved as a draft? I do that sometimes when I'm partly done with an entry but not yet ready to send it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss! Console yourself with the Niners victory!!

    Hugs ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. When this happens to me, i leaves me wanting to rant about the evil of writing it with a machine instead of pencil and paper. Yet i keep coming back for more. Wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it is devastating two lose a couple of drafts....but you prepare multiple drafts for your blog...or two separate drafts for two separate blogs? Oh.

    Makes me ashamed at my laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lo, I have sometimes found "lost" blogs in the Blog Dashboard blog list. They save automatically as "drafts" and you might find them there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh bad ... yes look under dashboard for posts or in my case ~ I got to the Design button on the top right to go to posts. I use Blogger and it automatically saves ... is that a setting? can't remember it's been so long now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, check the Dashboard drafts section. They're probably there, unless you are now dictating and saving to a folder (just do a word search in Documents), a system I know you have embraced completely.... (just a little mention that I now carry a recorder and then plug it to my computer for dictating into NS... just throwing that out there...) Hope you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe someone up there thought you shouldn't be talking about dying yet and wiped it all out. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lo, Damn computers anyway..hope you find it:)

    ReplyDelete