Thursday, July 15, 2010

Do Not Worry- That's An Order

Dearly Beloveds:
I do not want to cause you worry or anxiety, but I feel it is only fair to warn you that I have hit another bumpy patch in the road and will be in the hospital for a couple of days next week.  Being one of those unfortunates with rampant cholesterol despite meds it appears that all of the Big Macs and KFC chkn I did NOT eat over the past 83 years has somehow found its way into my right carotid artery and there is nothing for it but to call in Roto-Rooter.  Not to worry....I have been assured that the risk is miniscule....a paltry 1% as compared to a 50% risk of a stroke or whatever.  I go in Thursday, July 22 and should be home by the weekend or sooner.  My only concern is the 30 seconds during which they must shut off the blood supply to my precious  brain (my most favorite body part next to my good eye)........if I emerge without my sense of humor or without funny-brain function you all are instructed to pull the plug.........

I will post as soon as I can to report on this newest adventure (?).  Good thoughts and prayers will be welcome....  I totally understand  your unease....no one (especially me)  wants an unfunny LO.

10 comments:

  1. Hi LO ( I love saying that) So they actually shut your blood off to your brain eh..I hope that they don't disrupt your funny..tell your Surgeon that your dedicated followers must have you back with your funny intact..that will be next week..you still have a few days to entertain us..and yes, you can count on my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely be thinking of you next week - and it will be good to have you back (and funny!) next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can get to 83 before you need that work you're doing very well, so I'm not worried. I'll be fretting over it though. Pretty sure the funny bone is the last thing affected by a lack of oxygen. After all, if you breathe in helium instead, it comes out sounding like Donald Duck. Which proves funny is an independent organ with a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned a long time ago that worry doesn't help anyone, but prayer does.

    You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lo, I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but you will be fine. Prayers and best wishes, and come back all better! Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything goes smoothly and you get well soonest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep you in my prayers, this has been a tough year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will do as ordered, and we will await your return with your funny self intact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Lo. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete