Sunday, July 24, 2011

I KNOW I Will Probably Regret Publishing This

I have  been playing/struggling with my newest camera today trying desperately to read the instruction booklet online.  So far I can call up the first page of the topic I am interested in but cannot manage to make the pages turn.  Does that make the glass half empty or half full?  I dunno.

I have been experimenting with the features that should enable me to take closeup pix of things like flowers and hummingbirds.....I think I may be on to something because there is one setting which allows for self portraits, and being shameless I turned the camera around and without being able to see what was in the viewfinder snapped this from a distance of about 12 inches.It appears to be a picture of someone I used to know.  I cannot imagine what she is looking so tickled about but one should not question apparent happiness even when it is probably about something as silly as a non-blurry photo.


The only thing I can think of to say is.......I want you to know that those are all my own teeth.

So are the wrinkles and the age spots, but I am delighted that they came out so sharp......I may be on to something here.

14 comments:

  1. On-line manuals are just that much worse than printed ones, which were never very good either. Great shot anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a great shot.
    I never found manuals helpful. Okay, on rare occasions I found them helpful. Basically, as you already know, playing with any electronic gadget always works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent close-up. Now, if you can get the bugs to hold still, you're on your way! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next stop...PhotoShop, Lo. You'll be amazed at what you can do and who you might look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the characteristically honest self-portrait, and am very impressed by your gleaming set of choppers. My hubby's grandmother always proudly swore her teeth were her own.... ....bought & paid for with her own money, that is!

    Meanwhile, can't wait for the close-ups of your humming birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lo, all I can say is that if I look half as good as you when I get into my 'hmmmmmmm's' I will be happy.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look just fine, albeit a bit convex.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are braver than I... I would never use the "macro" setting on my camera to take my own picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the joy in your expression.

    Play with any gadget long enough and you will either learn to use it or break it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Lo, you made my day again. Between work and travel, I missed your recent blogs and I have been playing catch-up. If I had started reading sooner, I would not even have considered having a pity-party. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you smiling in your photo made me smile along with you. A beautiful photo. And thank you for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic, Lo!! I am smiling with you also! You do have beautiful teeth,,and a knack for figuring things out. I don't have a doubt that you will have that camera mastered in record time!

    ReplyDelete