Thursday, April 25, 2013

You May Think You Have Seen the Moon, But I Bet You've Never Seen This One........

I am just passing along one of the most awesome videos I have ever seen (sent to me by the brilliant musician and beloved friend, Richard Broadie). I can only suggest you have smelling salts handy, plus a cheese  knife and an assortment of crackers.

Love, Lo

Here is something a bit random, but none-the-less astounding. A work mate of a friend who is also a photographer captured what is, to me, one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen filmed.
It is a 3 minute video clip of the full moon rising over Wellington, New Zealand. It was shot on Jan.28, 2013, a calm summer evening, as people gathered on the Mt. Victoria Lookout point to watch the moon rise.




https://vimeo.com/58385453

11 comments:

  1. Spectacular. We had a late drive home last night from Wisonsin and saw a brilliantly bright full moon all the way...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got quite emotional watching that Lo and the thought going through my head was, So much beauty in the world, why does man have to fight?
    Have sent the link off to my kids, I know they will love it.
    Briony
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This had been staring open mouthed at my screen, gaping like a goon and wishing I could have been on that mountain top.
    Thanks for sharing, Lo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gave me cold chills just watching it ~ I would have been in tears had I been there in person!
    "Awesome" is a much over-used word these days, but this truly was!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O WOW! Lo, makes me want to lift my head high and howl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was incredible. As I watched it I was thinking about how this world has endless beauty if we just look for it. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thank you for posting. Forwarding on to daughter in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis was so beautiful. I forwarded it to everyone I could think of.

    ReplyDelete