Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Confession Time

You really should thank Qandlequeen  at "A walk Through My Little World"  for rousing me from my zombie like state to post a few words today.  I hope she will not hate me for stealing her stuff.

http://dementiawoman.blogspot.com/2010/09/question-of-day-sept-39-2010.html

She asked, "What was the latest thing you fished out of your trash ?"
Below was my comment and I find the idea so intriguing that I will continue her challenge.  And do go visit her blog....she is great.

Confess if you dare.

 Comment left by yours truly:


OK......I'll tell you, but you must promise not to tell anyone.

After I brushed my teeth this AM I tossed the mostly used tube of toothpaste into the trash basket and then I was wrestled to the ground by my Depression Era mentality. It still had about a half dozen squeezes left in it and I hate waste, so........sigh.

13 comments:

  1. LOL!

    It could have been much worse...

    I think I pulled my car registration papers out of the trash last... I thought the mail was another one of those semi-offical mailings from a credit card or car salesman and pitched it unopened. Fortunately I dug it out 3 days later when I thought, "Why hasn't that car registration come yet?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many times I've dug my fork out of the trash and I'm pretty sure that's where all of my spoons went. I'm constantly pulling SOMETHING out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right -- she has a very neat blog. I have discovered that if you cut the end off the "empty" toothpaste tube and gently pry apart the ends, there is enough toothpaste left inside the tube to continue brushing your teeth for about 2 more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly bizarre. I did the same thing this morning with my crumbled tube of Crest. Honestly. What are the odds?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep fishing out the compost type materials (egg shells, coffee grounds etc) that my husband keeps throwing in the trash rather than the compost. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toothpaste actually isn't good for you. Kids that use too much get brown stained teeth - permanently. We should only be using a pea sized blob. I use a little less. My toothpaste tubes last F-O-R-E-V-E-R....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless one of the kids pitches a spoon by accident, I usually only fish out recyclables they tossed in accidentally.

    The best thing I ever fished out of a trash can was a laptop my pastor was throwing out! He said it was a goner, and I took it figuring if my nerd couldn't resurrect it enough to give to my daughter for her high school stuff, I could at least donate it to the local non profit recycling people. It now works just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post but I feel I have not lived as I have not to date fished anything out of the trash. However, my other half does it all the time and drives me to distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try never to fish anything out..but one day Far Guy threw his medicine bottles in there..naturally I fished them out..they still had pills in them..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I am down to two knives , three forks and two spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's always one or two more squeezes in that tube of toothpaste! Although I do believe dental floss should be a one-use item.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lo, Where did you go! We want more posts! :-)
    ~Betsy

    ReplyDelete